Vegan Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake Recipe
Vegan or not, this really is the most delicious chocolate cake ever. This vegan, gluten-free chocolate cake recipe will impress your guests at a dinner party, kids at a birthday party, and all the people who think vegan desserts can’t compete!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30-35 minutes
Serving Size: 1 Slice Frosted
- 1 ¾ Cup Gluten-free flour blend
- ¾ Cup Cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1 ½ Tsp Baking powder, double acting
- 1 ½ Tsp Table salt
- 2 Cups Granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp. AcreMade Egg Substitute
- 1 Cup Plant-based milk
- ½ Cup Vegetable oil
- 2 Tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 ½ Cups Water
- ½ Cup Plant-based butter
- ⅔ Cup Cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 3 Cups Powdered sugar, sifted
- ⅓ Cup Plant-based milk
- 1 Tsp Vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly grease two 9-inch round cake pans with butter. Line the base of the pans with parchment paper.
- Sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a large bowl. Whisk in sugar, then add egg powder, ½ cup of water, milk, oil, and vanilla. Whisk well until lump-free, for about 30 seconds.
- Boil the 1 cup of water then pour the boiling water into the batter while mixing well. Cake batter should be thin in consistency.
- Pour batter into cake pans and bake for 30-35 minutes or until a wooden toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center of the cake.
- Let cool for 10 minutes in the pans, then turn out onto wire racks to cool completely before frosting.
- Melt butter then whisk in cocoa powder.
- Alternate between adding powdered sugar and milk, beating each time to create a spreading consistency, adding an additional amount of milk if needed.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Cover cake with frosting and serve immediately or let chill in the fridge.