Two Minnesota companies have come together to make delicious plant-based meals more accessible: AcreMade and Craft & Crew Hospitality – the restaurant company behind beloved establishments including The Block, Duke’s, and The Howe – are teaming up to add more local products to the restaurants’ plant-based menus, while showing home cooks how to bring Craft & Crew’s signature flavors home. Chef Kyle Darling has shared a few of the vegan recipes starring Egg Substitute to try at home this season.
Banana Bread Pudding:
- VEGAN BREAD PUDDING:
- Create egg substitute as directed on packaging. 8 Eggs Total
- Dice baguette and brioche bun into large pieces
- Slice banana 1/2 in thick slices.
- Combine all liquid ingredients and spices together.
- Place cut bread and bananas into large bowl and pour liquid over top, carefully mix.
- DO NOT OVER MIX, Brioche bread will get soggy.
- SPRAY 2 hotel pans, pour in bread pudding, cover with parchment and foil. BAKE for 30 minutes @ 350 degrees.
- Remove foil and parchment and BAKE 15 more minutes.
- Internal temperature should be around 180°
VEGAN CARAMEL SAUCE:
- Combine Brown sugar and coconut cream in a stainless steel pot.
- Place on stove, bring to a rapid boil and turn heat down to medium. STIR frequently.
- Caramel should brown and thicken.
- Add salt when finished.
Prefer to have someone else make it? Make a reservation at one of the Craft & Crew locations and enjoy a night out in the Twin Cities!