Gluten-Free Sugar Cookie Recipe Made from Plant-Based Eggs
Sugar cookies always remind me of Christmas. Well this vegan take on a holiday classic will leave your family impressed and wanting more! Add vegan frosting and sprinkles to top them off and satisfy your sweet tooth.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10-12 minutes
Serving size: 2 Cookies
- 1 ⅓ Cup Plant-based butter
- 1 ½ Cup Granulated sugar
- 1 Tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp AcreMade Egg Substitute
- ½ Cup Water
- 2 Tbsp + 2 Tsp Plant-based milk
- 4 Cups Gluten-free flour blend
- 1 Tbsp Baking powder
- ½ Tsp Table salt
- Cream butter and sugar, the add in vanilla, milk, water, and egg replacer slowly.
- Add in rest of the ingredients and mix until a dough ball is formed.
- Wrap ball of dough in plastic wrap and let chill in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Set oven to 350°F.
- After 1 hour, roll out cookie dough on a flat surface using a decent amount of flour to avoid sticking and using a rolling pin to roll dough into a flat disc, about 8 mm thick, and cut out cookies in any shape (circles normally) and place them 1 inch apart on a nonstick cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until edges are slightly golden brown (don’t want them too crunchy).
- Let cool on the sheet for 2 minutes then transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Place cookies in sealed container for storage.