AcreMade Egg-less Creme Brulée
Creme brulée is no longer egg centric. We've created a way to create this timeless classic without losing any quality or texture to the original. It is a classic dessert that everyone should know how to make. It’s also a great way to finish off any meal you might serve, as it pairs well with almost any meal and can be made in advance of your guests arriving at your table.
While making creme brulée may sound intimidating, it’s actually quite easy to do once you know the basics. We have chosen this incredible recipe to demonstrate how easy it can be to create a classic egg-heavy recipe without any eggs whatsoever!
1 cups plant-based heavy whipping cream (235 g)
¼ cup of granulated sugar (100 g)
⅛ tsp of kosher salt (2 g)
½ Vanilla bean, split lengthwise (2 g)
29 grams Acremade Egg (29 g)
135 grams of water (135 g)
- Preheat oven to 325F
- Combine plant-based heavy whipping cream, sugar, & vanilla bean in a small pot
- Bring cream mixture to boil to dissolve sugar
- Whisk together Acremade Egg Substitute with water & plant-based cream mixture.
- Pour hot cream mixture into AcreMade Egg mixture in slow, steady stream while whisking constantly.
- Place ramekins in a roasting pan
- Divide custard mixture evenly among them
- Pour hot water into roasting pan until covering 3/4 of the side of ramekins.
- Cover roasting pan tightly with foil.
- Bake in oven for 35 – 45 minutes
- Custards are done when tapping pan creates slight jiggle in center, but not a liquidy wave.
- Remove ramekins from the water bath immediately with flat, metal spatula.
- Chill until set and cold, about 4 hours.
- Sprinkle granulated sugar evenly over custard.
- Melt sugar with kitchen torch.
- Set caramel for 3 minutes in refrigerator.
- Serve with seasonal berries and enjoy.